What we do
The service provides facilities for diagnosis, treatment, support and advice for patients with a variety of allergic disorders, including
- Emergency treatment of anaphylaxis and the use of self-administered adrenaline.
- Skin Prick Testing/Specific IgE Testing.
- Challenge testing
- Allergen immunotherapy for severe seasonal allergic rhinitis with either subcutaneous or sublingual therapy.
- Allergen Immunotherapy for other severe allergies (including Bee, Wasp, House Dust Mite, Horse)
- Assessment of adverse reactions to anaesthetics
- Patients are seen in either a medical or a nurse-specialist led clinic.
- Other Immunological Disorders
The unit undertakes joint clinics with a number of different specialties:
- Autoinflammatory disorders
- Connective Tissue diseases
- Connective Tissue diseases in pregnancy
- Complex asthma
There is also the facility for medical assessment for patients with a possible diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - we work closely with the CFS/ME unit based at Seacroft Hospital.