What we do
We provide diagnosis and treatment for children with kidney (renal) and urinary tract disorders, including:
- Congenital abnormalities of kidney and bladder
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Complicated Urinary tract infections
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Haematuria - Blood in the urine
- Proteinuria - Large amounts of protein in the urine
- Hypertension - High blood pressure
- Inherited disorders affecting serum electrolytes and regulation of acid-base
- Cystic Kidney Disease
- Kidney stones
- Metabolic disorders
We offer full range of Renal replacement therapy: Haemodialysis, Peritoneal dialysis, Kidney transplantation.
Our plasmapharesis programme is well supported by the Leeds Teaching Hospitals trust Apheresis unit.
We have a well established transition programme supporting adolescents with kidney disease. We work closely with our colleagues in paediatric urology, radiology, biochemistry and transplant surgery.
We also work closely with colleagues across specialist services in the Children’s Hospital and the wider hospital including cardiology, oncology, rheumatology, hepatology and Paediatric intensive care.
We have an established clinical network and see many of our patients alongside local consultants in outreach clinics in Scarborough, Hull, Grimsby, Airedale, Scunthorpe, York, Dewsbury, Halifax, Huddersfield.