Congenital Cardiology Team
A specialist physiotherapist is available to offer advice on physical activity for people with congenital heart problems. The service is provided to patients under the care of the Cardiologists, both adults, children and adolescents.
The physiotherapist is part of a multidisciplinary team at the cardiac centre which includes congenital nurse specialists, doctors, ward and outpatient staff and psychologists. The team work within the Congenital Heart Unit, in outpatient clinics and the physiotherapist can provide support for patients at home or in school.
How physiotherapy can help:
- Advice on daily activities in school / college / work
- Advice on exercise limitations related to your heart condition
- Advice on how exercise or activity will affect your heart
- To increase fitness levels preoperatively
- To help return to fitness after surgery
- To advise on suitable activities for your health
- To assist you in developing and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- To plan and implement individual exercise programmes
The lead physiotherapist is Sarah Hibbert. She can be contacted via email: mailto email@example.com or via switchboard on 0113 2432799 ask for bleep 1242. Alternatively you can contact the inpatient office on 0113 3926361 (answer phone available).