Hair Loss Support
Hair Loss Support Team
At Leeds Cancer Support, we provide a professional wig fitting and hair loss support service provided by qualified hairdressers.
They offer practical and emotional support for people experiencing hair loss due to cancer treatments.
The service includes;
• Hair loss advice, support and cutting.
• Wig fitting, cutting & styling to specifically suit you and wig care advice.
• Hair re-growth support, including first cut and advice on colouring.
We also provide a range of hats, turbans & scarves sold at competitive prices.
Appointments can be made at either The Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre or the Leeds Cancer Support Information Centre, Level 1 of Bexley Wing. Alternatively, you can be seen in the clinic or on the wards at St James’s Hospital.
Please telephone 0113 206 6498 to make an appointment with our Hair Loss Support team.
Monday to Friday 10.00am - 4.00pm
To find out more about hair loss, please view Macmillan Cancer Support's information about hair loss.
Hair Loss Workshop
As part of the Leeds Cancer Support service, we also run a Hair Loss Workshop where you will receive professional advice, guidance and support from our Hair Loss Team. You will also have the chance to ask any questions and share any concerns you may have about losing your hair.
At this workshop you will learn:
- How to look after your hair and scalp before, during and after cancer treatment
- How to care for your wig
- How to use cosmetics to create eyebrows and apply eyelashes
- About hair regrowth and what to expect
- How to look after your new hair
- The best ways to wear hats and scarves
The workshops take place on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, 10.30am - 12.00pm at the Sir Robert Ogden Macmillan Centre