Clinical Nurse Specialists
The Clinical Nurse Specialist teams provide an extremely important role in each patients care (often called pathway of care). They provide support through the pathway from diagnosis, to treatment and follow up and beyond including supportive care.
All the members of each nurse specialist team have expertise and experience in assisting with patients and carers concerns including:
- information about the disease, investigations, treatments and follow up
- advice about any symptoms
- support for patients, relatives and carers
- referral to the community nursing teams, such as the District Nurses
- referral to other professionals who can offer specialist advice such as benefits, social services or complimentary therapies
There is always additional support and information available and the nurse specialist teams can help with this. Please contact the relevant team in the Cancer & their treatments page for help with this.