Symptom management and lifestyle advice
The breast cancer nurse specialist team is the best way to seek advice and can be contacted on 0113 2068623.
The Breast Cancer MDT aims to help and support all patients through and beyond treatment and to help manage any symptoms that cause problems.
Some lifestyle tips:
- click on this link for advice on Health & Wellbeing
- make small adjustments to your everyday activities to make things easier where you can
- take light, regular exercise to keep your energy levels up
- give priority to the most important things you want to do first
- consider physiotherapy or other physical interventions such as YOGA
- pace yourself so you get enough rest
- consider learning a relaxation technique, such as meditation, to help you manage your anxieties and help keep you in a positive frame of mind
- develop a support network of friends and fellow patients