The oesophageal team
The Upper Gastrointestinal Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) is available to all patients who have oesophageal cancer.
Key decisions regarding the diagnostic tests required and potential treatment options of each patient are made at the weekly MDT meeting which is attended by the members of the MDT.
The Upper GI nurse specialist team provide support to each individual through the patient pathway from diagnosis, to treatment and follow up including supportive care.
All the members of the Upper GI nurse specialist team have expertise and experience in assisting with patients and carers concerns including
- information about the disease illness, investigations, treatments and follow up
- advice about any symptoms
- support for patients, relatives and carers
- referral to the community nursing teams, such as the District Nurses
- referral to other professionals who can offer specialist advice such as benefits, social services or complimentary therapies
For advice or information contact the Upper GI nurse specialist team on 0113 2068457.