Meet the team
The surgical gynaecological oncology team
Our 7 consultant surgeons are Tim Broadhead, Diederick De Jong, Martin Griffith-Jones, Richard Hutson, David Nugent, Amudha Thangavelu, and Dr Georgios Theophilou. They are assisted by Dr Sarika Munot.
The department also has one to two senior trainees completing advanced training fellowships in gynaecological oncology surgery. Currently we have Dr Alexandros Laios.
Our doctors are supported by three secretaries who can be contacted for enquiries about appointments:
- The secretary for Mr Broadhead, Mr De Jong and Mr Nugent - Tel: 0113 2068251
- The secretary for Mr Griffith-Jones - Tel: 0113 2065203
- The secretary for Mr Hutson, Dr Thangavelu and Dr Georgios Theophilou - Tel: 0113 2068450
Our clinical nurse specialist team - key workers
If you have been diagnosed with a gynaecological cancer, you will be allocated a key worker from the clinical nurse specialist team. This person will help to co-ordinate your care and provide a point of contact when you need to know where to go for help, advice or information. We have an understanding of the care you are receiving and are able to provide emotional support to you, your family and loved ones. You will usually see us when you attend your out-patient clinic appointments.
If you live in the Leeds area then you will be given the name of one of the following members of the Leeds clinical nurse specialist team:
- Alison Craven - clinical nurse specialist
- Sadie Smith- clinical nurse specialist
- Heather Todd - clinical nurse specialist
- Christine Barber - gynaecological oncology care co-ordinator
We can all be contacted on 0113 2067820. If nobody is available to answer the phone, then please leave a message on the answering machine.
If you live outside of the Leeds area, you will be allocated a key worker who is based nearer to where you live. You will be given the name and contact number of one of the following clinical nurse specialists:
- Airedale region - Claire Parkinson,
- Bradford region - Cheryl Downes
- Calderdale region - Lesley Walker and Julia Folan
- Harrogate region - Marion Webb
- Mid-Yorkshire region - Jodie Eastwood and Ros Jackson
- York region - Lynne Jackson
You may be invited to take part in a clinical trial for research purposes. If you decide to take part in a trial then you will meet one of the following research nurses:
- Dolapo Ajayi
- Jude Clarke
- Helen Payne
Other members of our multi-disciplinary team
Providing the best care we can for you, involves many other healthcare professionals. Amongst others these could include:
- Enhanced Recovery Nurse
- Occupational Therapist
- Social Workers