The Lung Team
The lung cancer and mesothelioma service is co-ordinated by the Lung Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
Picture of team awaited
The lung cancer nurse specialist team provide support to each individual through the patient pathway from diagnosis, to treatment and follow up including supportive care.
All the members of the lung cancer nurse specialist team have expertise and experience in assisting with patients and carers concerns including:
- information about the disease illness, investigations, treatments and follow up;
- advice about any symptoms;
- support for patients, relatives and carers;
- referral to the community nursing teams, such as the District Nurses;
- referral to other professionals who can offer specialist advice such as benefits, social services or complimentary therapies.