Our Beliefs and Values
- We value and respect each child and young person as a unique and developing individual whose interests must be paramount.
- We recognise that care is shared with the family and, by offering support and guidance enable the family to participate in that care.
- We listen to children and respect their opinions, feelings and right to privacy.
- We respect the right of children, to appropriate information and informed participation in decisions about their care.
- We consider the physical, psychological, social, cultural and spiritual needs of children and their families.
- We promote continuity of care between the children’s cardiac unit, general paediatrics areas and the primary health care teams.
- We encourage individual development, to ensure we have an educated and skilled team who promote evidence based practice and acknowledge the special needs of children and their families.
- We value and respect the contribution to the care of the child and family made by all members of the multidisciplinary team.