The Leeds Liver Unit offers a comprehensive level 3 hepatology service for the North of England in addition to the transplant services.
We deliver services for patients with:
- Acute and sub-acute liver failure
- Complex portal hypertension
- Autoimmune related liver disease including primary sclerosing cholangitis, primary biliary cholangitis and autoimmune hepatitis
- Rare diseases such as inherited and metabolic liver disease including that due to Wilson’s disease, alpha-1-antitrysin deficiency, haemochromatosis and glycogen storage diseases
- Vascular liver disease including Budd-Chiari syndrome
Our unit is supported by interventional and diagnostic radiology services and liver pathology services.
We also deliver services for a wide range of liver conditions such as:
- Fatty liver
- Abnormal liver function test evaluation