Finding your way around
Where is the ward/service I am looking for?
Many of our hospitals are very large places, especially St James’s and Leeds General Infirmary, so navigating around them can be quite difficult if you are unfamiliar with the site.
The key information you will need to know is:
- Which Hospital the patient is in?
- Which Wing the patient is in?
- What Floor the patient is on?
- Which Ward number the patient is on?
You will see that all our hospitals have a different symbol associated with them:
All the wings within our two main sites, St James's University Hospital and Leeds General Infirmary, have different colours associated with them:
What if I get lost?
- There are general information reception desks sign posted from most major entrances.
- Our staff and hospital volunteers would be delighted to help you. Please do not be scared to ask for directions.