Do I need to visit hospital?
Hospitals are here to treat patients, but we know how important it is for the patient’s general well-being to keep family and friends involved in their care.
However, every patient will need to rest and every visitor to the hospital carries the risk of infection in with them. Ill people are more likely to be infected than the well, so we would ask you to consider carefully whether you and those you travelling with need to visit in person every time?
If you do think you should visit then you will be welcomed but we would ask you to follow a number of simple rules:
- Do not come if you are feeling sick or have cold or the flu
- Make sure you are wearing clean shoes and clothes
- Visit during visiting hours and ensure there are only 2 visitors per bed.
- Wash or gel your hands as often as possible and ALWAYS when entering a ward or clinical area
- If you see someone not following these rules please feel free to tell a member of staff
What are the visiting times?
Our usual hospital visiting times are: 2pm - 4pm and 6pm - 8pm but some ward times may vary. Please check with the ward beforehand.