Experimental Cancer Medicine Centres
The ECMCs vision is to bring together laboratory and clinical patient-based research to speed up the development of new therapies and individualise patient treatment. The ECMCs aim to:
- Enhance the delivery of early phase trials by increasing capacity, safety and speed, to improve the success rates in developing therapeutic modalities for patient benefit.
- Maximise therapeutic opportunities for patients by developing biomarkers, and molecular phenotyping patient samples, to identify sub-populations that differ in their susceptibility to cancer or response to treatment.
- Ensure that the UK remains at the forefront of international efforts to develop and test new treatments for cancer, built upon outstanding science and optimal trial design.
- Increase the attractiveness of the UK as a location for industry-sponsored/funded and collaborative experimental cancer medicine.
- Ensure effective joint working across the network and between Universities and Trusts.
- Promote patient and public involvement in experimental cancer medicine.
To read the full report please follow the link to the Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre .pdf
Full details are also available www.ecmcnetwork.org