Clinical Director - Mr Andrew Mavor
Directorate Manager - Emma Johnson (Acting)
Business Manager - Darren Cole
Matron - Jane Docherty
This is a consultant led service with a relatively high acute workload. The units have a significant tertiary referral practice for complicated vascular problems. In addition out-of-hours emergency referrals for acute vascular problems are received from all trusts within West and North Yorkshire where vascular surgeons work independently.
The vascular radiologists provide both secondary and tertiary investigation services, and although not formally a part of the vascular surgical service, have an extremely close working relationship with the vascular surgeons.
The Leeds General Infirmary is the main site for Vascular Inpatient and Outpatient Activity. Daycase and outpatient facilities are also provided at St James's University Hospital and Wharfedale Hospital.
The Vascular service provides:
- A consultant provided service
- A secondary and tertiary referral service
- 24 hour emergency cover
- specialist vascular ward and operating theatre
- day surgery and 5 day ward facilities
- access to intensive care and high dependency beds
- active research units
- vascular lab on both sites specialist service for endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms