Leeds Children’s Continuing Care and Short Breaks Team
What we do
LCCCT provides a package of care to children or young people with multiple, complex and enduring health care needs due to disability, accident, life limiting or sudden illness.
The service is for children age 0 up to their 18th birthday and the majority of continuing care hours allocated will be delivered within the home environment.
The Team operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year and also provides palliative and terminal care for children at home.
The Team consists of a skill mixed team of children’s and learning disability nurses and support staff.
Leeds Children’s Health Short Breaks Team provides short breaks to children with complex and health needs.
- The service is for children and young people age 0 up to their 19th birthday.
- The majority of Short Break allocation will be delivered within the home environment.
- The Team consists of a skill mixed team of children’s and learning disability nurses and support staff.
What the two elements of the team offer:
Children’s Continuing Care Team offer a variety of hours up to the package allocated by Children’s Case Management Team - e.g. nights, days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Health Short Breaks Team offer a limited number of hours to children who meet the criteria
These hours are:
- Pre-school: 0-4 years (3 hours per week)
- School age: 3 hours per week in school holidays
Both elements of the service are provided by Registered Nurses and Support Staff
To refer to Children’s Continuing Care the Children’s Continuing Case Manager needs one of the following:
Early Health Assessment, Core Assessment or Child and Family Support Plan
They also need:
- A completed Referral Form
- A Nursing Assessment (there is a standard template available)
- A Consultants Letter
NB: there is a fast track system for end of life care
Referrals must be sent to:
Children’s Case Management, North West House
Ring Road, Leeds, LS16 6QG
To refer to Children’s Short Breaks a child needs:
- Completed Referral Form
- plus an Early Help Assessment, Core Assessment, or Child and Family Support Plan
- and A Nursing Assessment (there is a standard template available)
Telephone: 0113 2728644 or 0113 2728641