The complex rehabilitation unit is supported by the Trust's social work team
Their work includes
- Working to achieve a safe discharge plan that is considered the ‘best outcome’ for the patient.
- Taking into consideration their views and wishes
- Balancing complex family dynamics often at point of crisis
- Advocating best interests and wishes of the patient then using this to implement a clear discharge plan.
- Assisting with benefits and financial queries.
- We carry out capacity assessments and work with the team to implement a clear discharge from hospital.
If the ward feel a patient requires an Adult Social Care assessment they will make a referral to the Adult Social Care Team. We will then allocate the case to one of our two workers and aim to see that person within 1-2 days.
Whilst you are in hospital one of our team will assist you or signpost you to relevant organizations and support. As we are a hospital based team who only assist with discharges, once you leave hospital your case will either be closed if no further support is required or reallocated to a new social worker in the community who will then carry on supporting you.