What we do
The Foot Health Department offers a wide range of services associated with medical conditions affecting the feet. These are:
- Diabetic Limb Salvage Service (acute wounds)
- Diabetes foot clinic
- Musculoskeletal disorders and rheumatic diseases
- Rheumatology Foot and Ankle Ultrasound Clinic
- Complex Foot and Ankle Surgery Assessment Clinic
- Vascular and renal complications
- Nail surgery
- High Risk and Foot Ulcer Clinics
- Scleroderma Digital Ulcer Service
- In patient service
- Non Profit NHS staff podiatry services at LGI
- Clinical research for patient benefit
All our LTHT patient services are based at St James’s Hospital and Chapel Allerton Hospital, and the staff podiatry service is held at LGI.
Podiatrists in these clinics provide diagnoses, referral for further investigations, as well as palliative and physical treatment including orthotic therapy and prescribing of medication.
For further information about the role of podiatrists and the treatments that they offer please visit the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists website.
Only patients who are under the care of specialties and/or consultants within LTHT can be referred to the Foot Health Department.