Conditions & treatments
There are many different types of cancer that can arise in the brain and neurological system.
For more information about Brain tumours, visit Macmillan Cancer Support or click on this link here Macmillan Cancer Support - Brain Tumours
Patients are seen in clinic by the specialist to discuss potential treatment options which may include:
- Surgery - Macmillan Cancer Support - Surgery for a Brain Tumour
- Chemotherapy - Macmillan Cancer Support - Chemotherapy for a Brain Tumour
- Radiotherapy - Macmillan Cancer Support - Radiotherapy for a Brain Tumour
- Symptom management including steroid management
- Research and Clinical Trials
- or a combination of these options.
When treatment is complete
When treatment is complete a member of the team will discuss what happens next.
The neuro-oncology nurse specialist team are available for advice and can be contacted on 0113 206 8568