Living with & beyond cancer
Symptoms to look out for include renewed symptoms such as fatigue, pain, weight loss, difficulty in swallowing, breathlessness.
The Head and Neck MDT aims to help and support all patients through and beyond treatment and to help manage any symptoms that cause problems.
The head and neck nurse specialist team is the best way to seek advice about treatment and can be contacted on 0113 2068616
Once treatment is complete the Head and Neck Local Support Team are the best team to seek advice about symptoms, side effects, concerns or lifestyle advice and can be contacted on
Some lifestyle tips:
- make small adjustments to your everyday activities to make things easier where you can
- take light, regular exercise to keep your energy levels up
- give priority to the most important things you want to do first
- pace yourself so you get enough rest.
- consider learning a relaxation technique, such as meditation, to help you manage your anxieties and help keep you in a positive frame of mind.
- develop a support network of friends and fellow patients with whom you can share and discuss your experiences.