Living with & beyond cancer
If you have any symptoms that require managing please contact the lung cancer nurse specialist team or your GP. Symptoms to look out for include:
- Fluid in the linings of the lungs
- Mesothelioma symptoms
- Other symptoms
- Pain management
- Weight loss and loss of appetite
The lung cancer MDT aims to help and support all patients through and beyond treatment and to help manage any symptoms that cause problems.
The lung cancer nurse specialist team is the best way to seek advice and can be contacted on 0113 2067916 or e-mail Leedsthfirstname.lastname@example.org
Some lifestyle tips:
- make small adjustments to your everyday activities to make things easier where you can.
- take light, regular exercise to keep your energy levels up and help your breathing.
- give priority to the most important things you want to do first.
- consider physiotherapy to help you learn and practise helpful mobility exercises.
- pace yourself so you get enough rest.
- consider learning a relaxation technique, such as meditation, to help you manage your anxieties and help keep you in a positive frame of mind.
- develop a support network of friends and fellow patients with whom you can share and discuss your experiences
- more advice on Health & Wellbeing