What we do
We treat all gynaecological problems including heavy, painful and irregular periods, abnormal vaginal bleeding or lack of periods, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, polyps and fibroids. We also provide treatment for all types of vaginal prolapse, urinary incontinence, the Insertion/retrieval of coils and female sterilisation.
Our clinics include:
- Specialist clinics
- Reproductive medicine
- Outpatient hysteroscopy clinic
- Endometriosis clinic
- Menopause & HRT clinic
- Endocrine clinic for gland problems & polycystic ovary syndrome
- Vulval problems clinic
- Uterine artery embolisation for the treatment of fibroids.
- Teenage Gynaecology clinic
- Early pregnancy assessment clinic (EPAC) for women with bleeding and/or pain in early pregnancy
As part of a University teaching hospital, we have strong links with urology (bladder), colorectal (bowel) and pain specialists.
Further information for patients
Referral is via your GP or GP/midwife for the Early Pregnancy Assessment clinic.
Conditions we treat
- Ovarian cysts
- All types of vaginal prolapse
- Urinary incontinence
Treatments we offer
- Open, laparoscopic and vaginal surgery.
- Endometrial ablation
- Uterine artery embolisation
- Surgical and medical treatment of miscarriage.
- Surgical and medical treatment of ectopic pregnancy.