I have worked with young people in a variety of settings since 2010. I hold a postgraduate diploma in education and a postgraduate certificate in counselling and psychotherapy. I currently support our adolescent patients from the age of 12 - 26 years, both in the Paediatric Rheumatology Service and the Adult Rheumatology service at Chapel Allerton.
Support I can offer:
- Transition - I will meet you when you attend the adolescent clinic when you are around 12 -13 years old. In this clinic we will work on building up your confidence and skills so that as you grow older you can manage your health independently.
- One to one support - I can meet with you inside or outside of the hospital to support you with specific issues such as confidence building, appointment support and offering a space to talk confidentially about things that may be worrying you or affecting your mood.
- Practical support - Support with accessing education, voluntary or work opportunities.
- Advocacy - helping you to explain your points of view to education providers or employers and supporting you in your communications with your healthcare teams.
- Signposting - If I or the team are unable to support you with a specific issue, I will help you to find appropriate services that can, and support you to access them such as local counselling services.
- Confidentiality - anything discussed in an appointment is confidential which means the information is kept safe and private. Sometimes we do need to share information with other professionals to ensure young people receive the care that they need. You will be asked for your consent if we need to share your information for this reason. In circumstances where we think you or someone else is at risk of harm or danger we will seek advice and help. We would discuss this with you first and explain what we will disclose and to whom.
Tel: 07867 462003
During the current lock down period the Leeds Teaching Hospitals youth service will be running a timetable of virtual activities using zoom (see link below) which are available to patients aged 12-18 years. If you would like to access the sessions please contact Georgia via the contact details on this page who can provide you with the session links.