Health & Wellbeing
Staying physically active is essential for good health and wellbeing. This is particularly important in SpA as exercise will often improve your symptoms, rather than making them worse.
Living with a chronic, long-term condition is also challenging, so making sure that you take care of your mental health will also help you to manage your symptoms more effectively.
Here are some resources that you may find useful:
- LTHT Physiotherapy Department - back exercise instructions
- LTHT MSK Clinic - knee exercises to strengthen weak thigh muscles using a towel
- LTHT MSK Clinic - knee exercises to strengthen thigh muscles without a towel
- MSK Clinic - hand strengthening exercises using a soft ball
- My SARAH - hand exercises video for people with arthritis
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy - staying active during COVID-19
- Caroline Jordan: Positive Feel Good Fitness - short strengthening videos for people with various physical difficulties