John Goligher Colorectal Surgery Unit
Welcome to Leeds Colorectal Surgery
We are one of the largest centres for Colorectal surgery in Europe. The John Goligher colorectal unit is a major referral centre for diseases of the small and large bowel, the rectum and anus. If you have been referred to this service, we hope that you will find the information on our website useful.
What we do
We receive around 10,000 referrals per year and about a third of our patients have surgery.
The conditions managed in our service include:
- Colorectal cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel disease
- Conditions of the anus such as piles and haemorrhoids
- Problems with continence
We have developed expertise in and become a centre of excellence for:
- Treating advanced and recurrent colorectal cancer
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery
- Complex pelvic floor surgery
- Academic research - linked to regional (Yorkshire Cancer Research Network) and national (NIHR HTC- Colorectal Therapy) bodies
Please find our department contact numbers on the contact us page.