Patient safety and quality care lies at the heart of all healthcare professions. Medical Education Leeds offers healthcare professionals the opportunity to achieve quality patient care through a range of simulated environments and facilities.
Our teaching facilities offer flexible spaces and include:
- The Leeds Clinical practice centre
- Post graduate centre
- The undergraduate Hub
- The Clinical Practice Centre based within the Ashley Wing at St James’s University Hospital boasts ten dedicated training rooms – each equipped with wash hand basins, data projectors, white boards, flips charts and cameras. In addition to these rooms the centre also provides two observation rooms with viewing/ control room and a 4 bedded simulated ward.
- The Leeds Institute for Minimally Invasive Therapy (LIMIT) is based within the clinical practice centre and specialises in the delivery of surgical education and is equipped with a diverse range of facilities and equipment to deliver short practical sessions or full-day specialist conferences requiring practical sessions, lectures and breakout areas.
- The Postgraduate Centre, based within Littlewood Hall at the Leeds General Infirmary offers an 80 seat lecture theatre, with video conferencing facilities, a large flexible teaching space, 2 seminar rooms and a doctors rest area.
- Opened in 2015 and based at St James’s University Hospital our state of the art Undergraduate Hub & Teaching Ward provides students with inspiring teaching spaces and access to a variety of learning opportunities – be this small group teachings and simulated scenarios to additional learning opportunities such as the ‘Self directed practice room’ and tailored one-to-one support. The hub provides a warm welcome to all students based at Leeds Teaching Hospital Trust.
- Based at three sites across Leeds – St James’s University Hospital, Leeds General Infirmary and Wharfedale Hospital, we provide a specialist library service within Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust. Our library service is “more than just books”, and can help you access relevant up-to-date information to support your day-to-day work, research and professional development. Our library centres provide fantastic facilities ranging from large flexible learning spaces to individual rooms suited for small group study sessions.