Our People Priorities
Our goal is to make LTHT the best place to work: to have engaged and empowered staff, who take a person-centred approach to leading others to improve the experience of our people, which in turn improves outcomes for our patients.
In order to achieve this goal we’ve identified seven priorities, which are the areas you have said matter most to you. We use questions from the NHS Staff Survey to check how we’re doing in improving these priorities. The priorities are:
- Our workforce planning will ensure that we have the right skill mix and diversity to resolve gaps in staffing so that we can deliver the best for patient safety, quality and experience.
- We will set ambitious performance expectations, clear priorities and support our staff to improve and be the best they can be.
- We will enable our people to work across the health and care system with our partners to improve the health and wellbeing of the local population.
- By working in a way which is inclusive and free from discrimination we will value and recognise the contribution of every employee, volunteer, and student.
- We will provide excellent education, training and development so that people are skilled to do their job and realise their full potential.
- We will enable staff to maintain mental and physical wellbeing with a diverse and wide ranging offer of activities so that everyone can meet the demands of their role.
- We will be the most engaged workforce in the NHS working in partnership in an outstanding health and care system.