GenOMICC - The Genetics of Mortality in Critical Care
This aim of this study is to
- identify genetic variants within patients which are associated with susceptibility to and mortality from life-threatening infection
- Prioritise therapeutics targets which modulate the patient’s response to the infection
A single DNA sample will be collected from patients with
- Susceptibility to severe infections with Covid-19
- Susceptibility to death following onset of severe illness with Covid-19
- Susceptibility to death from quantifiable sterile injury
DNA will also be obtained from survivors of Covid-19, combined with other DNA resources and then a small cohort of those who are most susceptible will be followed for repeat samples.
This study is complimentary to the ISARIC/WHO study.
This is a study which is considered a national priority.
As an observational study, treatment will be standard care.
Who can participate?
- Anyone who is considered susceptible to Covid-19
- Anyone with Covid-19 diagnosis and severe symptoms
For more information please contact the COVID19 LTHT Research Delivery team via text or call on their new mobile phone number 07557326811 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org.