What’s the Story?
Sero-epidemiological survey of England in 2019/2020
The aim of this study is to investigate the serological profile of children and young adults to assess how well the population is protected from vaccine preventable disease. This study will be looking at getting bloody samples from different geographical and socio-economic backgrounds.
This is a study which is considered a national priority.
As an observational study, treatment will be standard care. Participants will be contacted by the research team and will be selected from NHS England Databases, the Child Health Information Services or the Clinical Research Network.
It will be a single visit to the participants’’ home to collect data and take a blood sample.
Who can participate?
Patients will be eligible if they are
- Parents or legal guardian of child with between 0 and 16 years
- Children and young people aged between 16 and 24 years
Any significant disease or disorder which influence the results of the study, including
- Medially diagnosed bleeding disorders
- Medically diagnosed platelet disorders
- Anit-coagulant medication