Carers Week 2020
8th - 14th June 2020 #MakeCaringVisible
For Carers Week this year, we have designed an animation promoting Carers Leeds and the help and support provided by their support workers in our hospitals. Click here to watch the animation.
We have also heard from our hospital support workers Lorraine and Clare, as well as Rose, Senior Sister and Alison, Lead Nurse for Older People, making a pledge for Carers Week. (click HERE to view the video) You can also make your own pledge for Carers Week here.
Follow us on Twitter @PatientExpLTHT
We are tweeting daily throughout Carers Week to recognise and provide support for carers, as well as providing information about what we are doing during the COVID-19 outbreak. Some of our tweets include:
- We are using My Carers Toolkit from the West Yorkshire and Harrogate Partnership to support carers, whether they are new or familiar to caring for their loved one, following discharge from our hospitals. You can view the toolkit here.
- Cares Leeds have a calendar of events and activities that carers can join in with during lockdown to help with those who may be feeling isolated and/or wanting to keep active. We particular like the idea of Zumba Zooming! Click here to view the calendar of events.
- It's a difficult time for carers while visiting is suspended. We've provided iPods with an app called JusTalk so patients can video call their carers and loved ones, and our charity Leeds Cares have kindly funded some comfort packs for patients who don't have belongings with them.
- Carers are able to send letters to their loved ones who are in our hospitals during lockdown, with the help of our amazing volunteers! For more information please click here.
- Let’s raise our voices and let everyone know that carers deserve to be recognised for the vital contribution they make – and that we are there for each other during Carers Week and beyond. Let's #MakeCaringVisible in 2020. You can add your voice here.