Our Carers Charter
We will do our best to...
- Learn from you how best to support the person you care for.
- Welcome you to be present on our wards as long as you would like to be.
- Ask how we can create a better environment for the person you care for.
- Ask how we can create a better environment for you.
- Welcome you to be present during protected mealtimes if you would like to be.
- Explain how you can support other patients to maintain their dignity while you are staying with us.
- Let you know in good time when we need your support to leave the ward area so we can provide clinical care.
- Ask you what you might need help with.
We would be glad if you could...
- Help us to understand how to make care more personal.
- Help us to get to know the person we are caring for better.
- Talk to us about any concerns you have with the care and treatment we are providing.
- Suggest improvements to make the experience of the person you are caring for better.
- Tell us how to make your experience better.
- Recognise there are occasions when we may need to ask you to leave the ward area so that we can provide care.
- Recognise the need to ensure the privacy and dignity of all patients on the ward.
- Look after yourself - your support is appreciated, but no way expected.