Patient & Volunteer Support Fund
The support fund is a small grants scheme that can provide up to £500 for patients and volunteers who are experiencing financial hardship, with emergency funding for food, travel and other costs that are incurred because patients require hospital care.
The fund is open to all patients and volunteers, as well as parents and carers whose children are in hospital.
The Fund is managed by Leeds Teaching Hospital's Patient Experience and Safeguarding teams who meet regularly to review applications, with payments made – often very quickly due to need – by Leeds Hospitals Charity.
Funding is available to support people who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of their hospital treatment, admission or care. In broad terms the fund is intended to assist:
- Patients and their immediate families who have experienced significant change in income or outgoings as a result of their hospital treatment, admission or care and are struggling with their finances
- Active hospital volunteers who are struggling with their finances
- Bereaved relatives facing immediate financial pressures until their personal financial affairs are sorted eg weekly bills to meet and no immediate access to bank accounts
- Patients required to isolate in advance of admission to hospital and suffering income loss, excess cost or other financial hardship as a result.
- Families/patients suffering hardship as a result of long term in patient care, where the family are central to maintaining the well-being of the patient and/or for example, where the family/patient are struggling with costs associated with accommodation or long distance travel (eg Neonatal)
Once completed, please email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you may hand it in at any Cashier’s Office or the Bereavement Liaison Office. These are located in Lincoln Wing SJUH or ‘B’ floor Brotherton Wing, LGI.
The form can also be posted to: Patient and Volunteer Support Fund, FAO – Mr A Wilson, Trust Headquarters, 1st Floor, Nursing Directorate, St James’s Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF.