After your operation you will be able to move your knee and weight bear as your pain allows but crutches are generally required.
Here are links to some easy to watch videos about your crutches.
- How we measure you for your crutches
- How to sit and stand using your crutches
- How to walk with your crutches - weight bearing
- How to walk with your crutches - not weight bearing
- How to use crutches when going up and down stairs
If you have any concerns after you are discharged home, particularly with your wound, pain or swelling please feel free to contact ward C3 for advice.