Calm Rooms / Chapels / Quiet Areas / Prayer Rooms / Rest Rooms
The LTHT Calm Rooms are to provide quiet areas where staff can spend a few moments away to process their thoughts, find a sense of calm, reflect and recharge.
To ensure the rooms are a safe and welcoming space for all staff we ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines when using them:
- Wash your hands using the sinks/ hand sanitizer provided upon entering and before leaving the room.
- The usual social distancing measures should be observed in this room. Please ensure you are sitting/standing at least 2 meters away from others.
- Please do not remove any laminated resources from the room (but feel free to take any leaflets in the room).
- Please be considerate of others using the Calm Room. These are designated quiet areas to provide staff with a moment of quiet and calm. Please respect others who may also be using the area for this purpose.
Further information and resources to support you setting up a care room can be found here.
A calm room can be found in the basement of Trust Headquarters at St James's Hospital (Thereapy room near gym changing rooms).
Staff Rest Rooms
We would like to ensure that all of our clinical staff have somewhere to relax, in comfort, throughout the pandemic. The Junior Doctor Mess areas have been widened for use by all patient-facing staff during their breaks.
Staff can rest, rehydrate and refuel, with a plentiful supply of tea, coffee and toast! Microwave facilities are also available. Please ensure the equipment in these rooms is cared for, and the facilities are left clean for use by others. Look after yourselves and each other.
Directions for each staff area can be found on the intranet.
Reopening of chapels, quiet rooms and prayer space.
With the support of colleagues in Estates and Facilities, it has been decided to re-open some of the quiet and prayer rooms and chapels in a safe and limited manner for reflection and personal prayer.
All the spaces are open to everyone, whatever your faith or belief and whether your beliefs are religious or non-religious, as places to recharge and reflect.
To achieve the reopening we’re asking people to support the following principles:
- Each space has a limit on the number of people - clearly displayed at the door
- Prayer or reflection must be individual - no services or group prayers are possible
- In the chapels please use only spaces marked with a tick
- Please do not use mobile phones so the space is quiet for those seeking peace and calm
- Please do not eat or drink in the spaces
- Notify the chaplaincy if there are any cleaning needs or concerns with the spaces
We’ve reopened the following (please call x 65935 if you need the access code to a room):
St James’s Hospital
Trust HQ basement prayer room
Faith Centre - Level 1 Bexley Wing
St James’ Chapel - near the roundabout
NB: Level 4 Gledhow prayer room remains closed.
Chapel Allerton Hospital
Chapel - Third floor
Leeds General Infirmary
St Luke’s Chapel - B Floor, Old hospital site
Clarendon Wing - B Floor
Muslim Prayer room - B Floor, Old hospital site
NB: E Floor Jubilee and L6 Critical Care quiet rooms remain closed.
Our chaplains are available 24 hours a day to support patients, relatives and staff in an emergency via the switchboard, whatever a person’s faith or belief. They have been fit tested and can visit where needed. Non-urgent referrals or calls should be made via extension 65935 or email@example.com