The head and neck team
The Head and Neck Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) consists of:
- specialist surgeons (Maxillofacial, ENT, Plastic and Restorative Dental)
- clinical nurse specialists
- speech and language therapists
- Head and Neck Local Support Team
For more information about the team please read the Leeds Specialist Head and Neck Cancer Service - Information for patients booklet.
For any advice or information the best way is to contact the head and neck nurse specialist team by ringing 0113 2068616.
All the members of the head and neck nurse specialist team have expertise and experience in assisting with patients and carers concerns including
- information about the disease illness, investigations, treatments and follow up
- advice about any symptoms
- support for patients, relatives and carers
- referral to the community nursing teams, such as the District Nurses
- referral to other professionals who can offer specialist advice such as benefits, social services or complimentary therapies