Living with & beyond cancer
Symptoms to look out for include renewed symptoms which might include frequency of urine, passing blood in the urine, weight loss, loss of appetite, breathlessness or cough.
The kidney cancer MDT aims to help and support all patients through and beyond treatment and to help manage any symptoms that cause problems.
The kidney cancer nurse specialist team is the best way to seek advice and can be contacted on 0113 2067692
Some lifestyle tips:
- make small adjustments to your everyday activities to make things easier where you can
- take light, regular exercise to keep your energy levels up
- give priority to the most important things you want to do first
- consider physiotherapy to help you learn and practise helpful mobility exercises
- pace yourself so you get enough rest
- consider learning a relaxation technique, such as meditation, to help you manage your anxieties and help keep you in a positive frame of mind
- develop a support network of friends and fellow patients with whom you can share and discuss your experiences