Support & contact information
The Lung Cancer Nurse Specialist Team
The team has expertise and experience in assisting with patients and carers concerns including:
- information about the disease illness, investigations, treatments and follow up
- advice about any symptoms;
- support for patients, relatives and carers;
- referral to the community nursing teams, such as the District Nurses;
- referral to other professionals who can offer specialist advice such as benefits, social services or complimentary therapies.
The advice line number is 0113 2067916 or e-mail Leedsthfirstname.lastname@example.org
Macmillan Cancer Support improves the lives of people affected by cancer. They provide practical, medical and financial support and push for better cancer care. They provide booklets on cancer and treatments and run helplines providing cancer information and benefits advice as well as an interactive online community forum.
Tel: 0808 808 0000
Maggie's have drop-in centres located around the country where they can offer practical, emotional and social support to people with cancer and their families and friends. They also have the Maggie's Online Centre, where people can communicate and share experiences with other people who have been affected by cancer.
Tel: 0300 123 1801
Marie Curie provide care and support for people living with any terminal illness, whilst also supporting carers and family members. Marie Curie also provide information on practical support which is available to view online or accessible through their helpline.
Tel: 0800 090 2309
Cancer Research UK provide information online to view and download. They also have an online forum for patients and carers as well as a national helpline.
Tel: 0808 800 4040