The Hospital Adult Specialist Palliative Care Team office hours are Monday to Friday 8am-5pm. After 5pm, ward teams can seek advice from the On Call Palliative Care Consultant for advice via switchboard following a senior medical review.
Clinical Nurse Specialist cover is available on weekends and bank holidays (except Christmas Day) from 08.30-16.30. They can provide advice or face to face assessments for those patients who:
- Are known to our service and require complex medication changes
- Have uncontrolled symptoms at the end of life
- Starting or maintaining complex medications that require review
- Require urgent assessment of physical symptoms and direction or place of care
- Require support where there is are extraordinary levels of distress for the patient or family for which it would be inappropriate to wait until the weekday service
- Patients who are known to our service, where there is concern that they may not survive a planned transfer.
Our address is:
Level 1 Robert Ogden Centre,
St James’s University Hospital,
Telephone: 0113 20 64563