GenOMICC - The Genetics of Mortality in Critical Care
This aim of this study is to
- identify genetic variants within patients which are associated with susceptibility to and mortality from life-threatening infection
- Prioritise therapeutics targets which modulate the patient’s response to the infection
A single DNA sample will be collected from patients with
- Susceptibility to severe infections with Covid-19
- Susceptibility to death following onset of severe illness with Covid-19
- Susceptibility to death from quantifiable sterile injury
DNA will also be obtained from survivors of Covid-19, combined with other DNA resources and then a small cohort of those who are most susceptible will be followed for repeat samples.
This study is complimentary to the ISARIC/WHO study.
This is a study which is considered a national priority.
As an observational study, treatment will be standard care.
Who can participate?
- Anyone who is considered susceptible to Covid-19
- Anyone with Covid-19 diagnosis and severe symptoms