The patient hotel is located on level 8 of Bexley Wing at St James's Hospital. It has 20 rooms which have panoramic views of the city. It is available to self-caring patients who are having treatment who live a long distance away from the hospital. Please ask the Clinical Team for more information. Please note that there are no facilities to provide either nursing or medical care within the hotel.
- Available rooms include single and double rooms, each with an en-suite, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and a television.
- Single rooms with wheelchair access are also available.
- Patients are able to stay free of charge. There is a charge of £35 per night for relatives and other guests who require their own room.
Checking in and out
- Check in is available after 2pm and check out is 10am
- If you are admitted to hospital during your stay, you or your carer must ‘check out’ at the hotel reception - if you are unable to do this, please inform the nursing staff who will be happy to do this on your behalf
- If you are admitted to hospital after 4pm your carer may stay in the hotel overnight, but must ‘check out’ after breakfast the following morning
- Hotel Co-ordinator - 0113 206 7687
- Out of Hours - Oncology Nurse Practitioner - 0113 243 3144