If you experience any problems with your spondyloarthritis and need to discuss it with a heath professional you can contact the advice line at the Department of Rheumatology on 0113 392 4444.
Calls to the advice line are answered live by Rheumatology Clinical Nurse Specialists between 9am and 4pm on weekdays. Outside of these times there is an answerphone service for reporting a flare of your inflammatory condition. Due to the volume of calls received, you may hear the engaged tone when you call us - but please keep trying.
When should you call the advice line service?
• If you experience a ‘flare’ of your inflammatory condition
• If you are experiencing side-effects which you feel may be caused by the medication prescribed by the Rheumatology team
• If you have concerns about your symptoms or treatment which need to be addressed before your next appointment
Prescription Management Service
The Prescription Management Service is also available to help. The number for this service is 0113 392 4948 - this is an answerphone only service.
When should you call the prescription management team?
• If you have any questions relating to the home delivery of your medicines
• If you need to request a blood test form (or why not request it online at: http://bit.ly/RheumBloods )
• If you need to let us know that you’ve had a blood test or started your new treatment
Other Sources Of Help And Advice
Further help and advice (including managing symptoms) can be found on:
• National axial Spondyloarthritis Society (NASS) NASS website
NASS’s helpline number is 020 8741 1515
• Psoriasis and Psoriatic arthritis Alliance (PAPAA) PAPAA website
PAPAA can also be reached via WhatsApp or on 01604 251
• Versus Arthritis (VA) VA website
VA's Helpline number is 0800 5200 520