NAW2021 - Meet our apprentices: Deborah Moffatt
10 February 2021
National Apprenticeship Week is here! We are meeting some of our own apprentices this week to hear about their experiences on programmes here in Leeds and how they are building their future.
1. Introduce yourself!
My name is Deborah Moffatt, I'm 33, and I am currently studying Business Administration Level 3. I started in July 2020 and expect to complete December 2021. I did Level 2 Business and Customer Service Jan 2019 - June 2020
2. Why did you choose that specific apprenticeship?
I wanted to further my qualifications after I achieved a Distinction my Level 2 Business and Customer Service Apprenticeship. I also chose to do this apprenticeship to help build my career.
3. Was there any decision between the apprenticeship route and any other route? E.g. university etc
I have considered doing the Level 4 Project Management Course.
4. What has been your proudest achievement on your apprenticeship to date?
Being awarded triple distinctions with an overall grade distinction.
5. What has work been like since the COVID-19 outbreak and how has your work changed because of it?
I have changed job roles since the COVID-19 outbreak from Procurement to Medical Deployment. I have learnt a lot in my new job role including moving doctors off their current Anaesthetic Rota to the Covid Surge 1 Rota.
6. How do you see your apprenticeship helping you in your career progression?
My apprenticeship is helping me in my career progression because I am learning new skills and developing my knowledge in Business Administration.
7. What would your advice be to anyone thinking about doing an apprenticeship?
Yes I would encourage anyone to start an apprenticeship where you get paid while learning new skills and at the end you achieve a new qualification.
For more information about apprenticeships, email us at leedsth-tr.OrgLearnGetIn@nhs.net and a member of our team will get in touch.