- We act with compassion, empathy and kindness towards those in our care and to each other.
- We consistently deliver high quality, safe and dignified care, focusing on individual needs.
- We seek to understand the perspective of others, respecting and embracing our differences.
- We champion inclusivity by prioritising fairness & equality.
- We are all one team with a common purpose and value the contribution of others.
- We work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers, our colleagues and other providers.
- We keep our promises, agree clear expectations and will speak up to respectfully hold ourselves and each other to account.
- We are true to our word and act with integrity and honesty with our patients, colleagues and communities.
- We empower our patients and colleagues to have a voice and make decisions, and are considerate of their choices.
- We celebrate innovation, and we take personal responsibility for our learning.
Refreshing our values
In 2022 we invited colleagues to come together and share their views to reflect, connect and commit to The Leeds Way. Our newly simplified behaviours listed above better reflect what staff told us was missing. This includes compassion and kindness towards each other, working as one team towards common goals and speaking up to respectfully hold ourselves and each other to account.
From this we created Living The Leeds Way, which is the golden thread that ties all of us working at Leeds Teaching Hospitals together. In an organisation of our size and make-up, we all need to live The Leeds Way individually to be able to collectively make change.
Our Five Year Strategy
Over the last five years we’ve seen fantastic achievements across the Trust. Major investments in research and innovation, pioneering treatments, brand new facilities and high-quality care have been consistently delivered across the Trust.
We have secured investment to build our two new hospitals at Leeds General Infirmary.
Looking ahead, The Leeds Way will continue to inform all we do to deliver our vision to be the best for specialist and integrated care. Being patient centred, fair, collaborative, accountable and empowered runs through everything we do. If we get this right, Leeds Teaching Hospitals will increasingly become the best for patient safety and quality, the best place to work, a place for seamless integrated care, a centre of excellence for research and education and financially sustainable.