Cycle for Health - free cycling course
Join a FREE 12 week course to help you to improve your health and fitness
We're delighted to have teamed up with Cycle for Health to offer anyone waiting for surgery at Leeds Teaching Hospitals the opportunity to join a FREE 12 week cycling course!
Cycle for Health was created in West Yorkshire as part of the West Yorkshire Combined Authority’s CityConnect programme.
The course will help you to improve your health and fitness and it is designed for adults of any age.
What is a Cycle for Health course?
- 12-weeks of support to develop your bike riding skills, confidence and fitness through cycle training and led bike rides.
- It is run as a two hour session once a week for 12 weeks.
- The group size is a maximum of 12 people and bikes and helmets are provided.
- Experienced cycle instructors and ride leaders accommodate health issues and participants progress at a pace that suits the group.
Who can take part?
Cycle for Health is for people:
- With poor mental or physical health
- Not doing regular exercise
- 18 years or older
- Who can ride a bike for a short distance - even if that hasn’t been for many years
“The instructors were very supportive and after a few sessions I was confident enough to ride on the cycle greenway. Riding has given me a real sense of achievement and increased my belief in my own abilities. I have also made new friends.” Tony, Participant, Cycle for Health Leeds
Courses are taking place at venues across West Yorkshire. Meet like-minded people in a positive, welcoming environment to enjoy a new activity and discover cycling routes in your local area.
Contact the project team at Cycling UK for more information
Telephone: 01483 904562