Phase 3: 4 to 6 week
Below you will find important information to follow 4 weeks post injury.
- Phase 3 exercises should only be done if you were able to do them prior to injury.
- If you were unable to do these some or none of these exercises before you were injured, then perform only the exercises you feel comfortable with.
Walker boot advise
- Please start to walk without the walker boot.
- Try spending time walking without the boot at home. Then progress to walking outdoors in comfortable footwear.
- You can stop using the walker boot when you feel comfortable.
- Do not wear the boot beyond 6 weeks post injury.
Exercises: The videos below demonstrate standing and balance exercises. They can help you get back to physical and sporting activities. Exercises should be undertaken frequently, only commence the exercises below if pain allows and when comfortable to do so.