The Leeds Urogynaecology Centre provides a first class, comprehensive service for women with urogynaecological problems. Patients are referred to us with a wide range of pelvic floor disorders including stress incontinence, overactive bladder, voiding problems, bladder pain and prolapse of the pelvic organs.
What we do
We undertake a wide range of investigations and offer our patients the latest conservative, surgical and medical treatments. We also carry out certain operations as a day case or outpatient procedure.
The services we provide include:
- Conservative treatment of Stress incontinence and overactive bladder
- Bladder training
- Physiotherapy, Pelvic Floor Therapy, Biofeedback, Neuromuscular Electrical stimulation and Patient Education Classes.
- Perineal clinics
- Pessary clinics
- Catheter care including intermittent self catheterisation
- Bladder instillation clinics for painful bladder syndrome
- Drug treatment
- Incontinence and prolapse surgery
We provide clinical assessment of women with lower urinary tract dysfunction, prolapse and associated problems including urinary and faecal incontinence. Our clinics offer a range of investigations, including:
- Urine analysis
- Urodynamic studies
- Cysto-urethroscopy and bladder biopsy
For patients with bowel problems such as faecal incontinence or obstructive defaecatory symptoms we have access to investigations such as
- Endoanal ultrasonography
- Anorectal physiology studies
- Pudendal nerve terminal motor latency tests
- Defaecating proctogram including MRI proctogram
- Colonic transit studies
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy