- Recommended information about pregnancy can be found on the NHS website.
- We also promote the Baby Buddy app which can be downloaded from your smart phone App Store or found online.
- Movements matter - video about baby movement during pregnancy
Best Beginnings Resources
Leeds is pleased to be participating in the evaluation of the Best Beginnings resources. Your midwife will tell you about the Baby Buddy app. If you do not have a smart phone you will be able to access the resources at www.bestbeginnings.org.uk
If you can not access the internet ask your midwife for the From Bump to Breastfeeding DVD.
Baby Buddy is your personal baby expert who will guide you through your pregnancy and the first six months of your baby’s life. She will be your virtual friend who will support you on your emotional, physical and social journey through pregnancy and becoming a new parent.
The Baby Buddy app features include:
- Today’s information – bite-sized personalised daily information about you and your baby that is just right for your baby’s age.
- You can do it! – a tracker for your personal goals and achievements.
- Ask me – type in any question and your Buddy will answer with expert information.
- Your appointments – a handy reminder of the dates and times for your check-ups.
- Remember to ask – your reminder list for questions to ask at your next appointment.
- Videos – a growing range of clips to help you look after yourself and your baby.
- Edit me – where you can change how your Buddy looks.
- Bump BookTM and Baby BookTM – a diary to record your thoughts, feelings and photos.
- Bump AroundTM and Baby AroundTM – a map that helps you find great local services.
- Bump BoothTM and Baby BoothTM – take a picture each week and create a video of your growing bump or baby.