POCT Service Information
The Point-of-Care Testing services are based at the LGI and SJUH laboratory sites, but clinical services are provided at all Trust sites. This service includes support for staff training and routine maintenance of multiple analytical systems.
The main sites include:
- Leeds General Infirmary
- St James’ University Hospital
- Chapel Allerton Hospital
- Seacroft Hospital
- Wharfedale Hospital
In addition to hospital sites, the service covers the routine maintenance of glucose meters at Satellite units in the community.
- Dewsbury Hospital Renal Unit
- Calderdale Hospital Renal Unit
- Huddersfield Royal Infirmary Renal Unit
- Pontefract General Infirmary Renal Unit
- Beeston Medical Centre Dialysis Unit
- Dental Teaching Unit at Beeston Hill Community Health Centre
- St Gemma’s Hospice
- Wheatfields Hospice
The POCT service also covers the routine maintenance of DCA Vantage HbA1c analysers in the Bradford Community GP Services.
The POCT team is responsible for the running and distribution of EQA schemes for all POCT equipment within the hospital, community and satellite units.
Some EQA testing is carried out by the POCT team, others are distributed to the departments and must be analysed by any trained operators.