Preparing for Birth and Parenthood
Preparation for Birth and Beyond (PBB)
PBB is a free antenatal group delivered over 6 sessions in Children's Centres across Leeds. Courses are held both virtually and face to face. Virtual classes are held 5-7pm and face to face Preparation for Birth and Beyond (PBB) classes are held during working hours Monday to Friday.
Preparation for Birth and Beyond (PBB) is available to all first-time parents to help prepare for your baby’s arrival. It looks at understanding baby, birth, feeding, sleep and relationships. You can find out more from your midwife or by contacting 0113 8435683.
Please book onto PBB classes when you are 24 weeks pregnant or later.
For more information and to book onto a PBB course please visit: Booking for 'Preparation for birth and beyond'
Bump & Baby Fit classes
We’re working with Active Leeds to offer Bump & Baby Fit classes! These specially designed classes will help you keep your body moving throughout pregnancy and include options for yoga and chair-based exercise. Classes are £3 and take place in leisure centres across the city – book online by searching for Bump & Baby Fit on the Active Leeds website. If you’ve been diagnosed with gestational or type 2 diabetes classes are free – please ask your midwife for a referral or complete this form.
- Scott Hall Leisure Centre - Yoga - Tuesday 1pm-1:45pm
- Fearnville Leisure Centre - Chair based exercise - Wednesday 1pm-2pm
- Kirkstall Leisure Centre - Yoga - Thursday 9:15-10am
- Armley Leisure Centre - Yoga - Friday 5pm-6pm
- Middleton Leisure Centre - Yoga - Friday 6:30-7:30pm
Mums & Tots Sessions
If your baby is between 6 weeks and 1 year come along to our Mums & Tots Sessions! They take place in libraries and include mindset, self-care, exercise and strength sessions.
Keeping active in pregnancy and beyond has huge benefits for both you and your baby. Please fill in this registration form for access to term time weekly mother and baby yoga classes in selected Library venues. All to help you and your baby keep active as your baby grows and develops.
- Armley Library - Wednesday - 10:30-11:30am
- Reginald Library - Wednesday - 5:30-6:30pm
- Holt Park Community Library - Thursday - 12pm-1pm
- Compton Road Library - Friday 2pm-2:45pm
Baby Bubble Leeds
Baby Bubble Leeds is a closed Facebook support group for mums to be that begins at sixteen weeks pregnant and is there for you up to six months after your baby is born.
You can ask questions and get expert advice from registered midwives and 0-19 Specialist Public Health Nurse (HealthVisitor) in your local area as well as chatting with other mums-to-be.
Please visit Baby Bubble Leeds to sign up or find out more.
One off classes you are invited to attend:
Preparing to Breastfeed
- Information to consider during your pregnancy discusses your baby’s brain development and how to bond with your baby in pregnancy, skin-to-skin contact, the benefits of breastfeeding, and how you can comfort your baby and develop a close relationship with them in the early days and weeks. https://youtu.be/v7bDZodYbfE
- Responsive Breastfeeding: https://youtu.be/NeOyJWbNuZU
- Hand expressing - https://youtu.be/4rc4SEfqtSE
- More information about infant feeding support in Leeds can be found here: Breastfeeding Support
Baby Steps is an evidence-based group education programme for families with additional needs. To find out more about the programme please call the Baby Steps team on: 0113 3788533 or email: BabySteps@leeds.gcsx.gov.uk
Pregnancy in Mind
Pregnancy in Mind is an antenatal group run by the NSPCC. It is for anyone with mild to moderate anxiety or depression in pregnancy. If you feel this is something that would be helpful for you, please speak to your midwife who can make a referral for you to attend. See Pregnancy in Mind for more information.