The Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust

Feeling unwell?

If you're feeling unwell and need help when your GP surgery or pharmacy is closed call NHS 111 or visit the NHS website at You can also find information in the table below to help identify the most appropriate service for you. 

  • NHS 111

    NHS 111

    Need to know where
    to go

    For confidential health service advice and information, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, call NHS 111. They will direct you to the best place to get treatment and advise you of local available services. 

    Visit NHS 111 to get more information 

  • Self-care


    Grazed knee
    Cough or cold
    Sore throat

    Many illnesses and injuries can be treated at home. Ensure your medicine cabinet is stocked with
    - Paracetamol
    - Plasters
    - Rehydration mixture
    - Thermometer
    - Indigestion remedy
    Visit NHS Choices at

  • Pharmacy


    Vomiting and diarrhoea
    Runny nose
    Headache Flu-like symptoms

    Your local pharmacist is fully qualified to give you advice on common illnesses and injuries and medicines to treat them.

    Click here to find your local pharmacy.

  • Your GP & out of hours

    Your GP & out of hours

    Ear discharge/pain
    Stomach pain
    Concerns regarding ongoing conditions

    If you have an illness or injury that won’t go away, contact your GP surgery. If you need advice outside your GP surgery opening hours, call NHS 111 for advice.

    Click here to find your local GP service.

  • Minor Injuries Unit

    Minor Injuries Unit


    NHS Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) – for the treatment of minor illnesses and injuries without an appointment.

    To receive more information regarding the minor injury units click here 

  • A&E & 999

    A&E & 999

    Chest pain
    Blood loss

    Accident and Emergency Department (A&E)/999 – for use in very severe or life threatening conditions only.

    Further information about the 999 emergency services can be found here